Cybersecurity, or computer security, is the set of processes, technologies and people that are applied to protect companies, people or networks from digital attacks, in terms of availability, confidentiality and integrity of goods or computer assets.
What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity deals with the fight against computer damage not due to technical malfunctions but to illegal activities by cybercriminals. The goal is to preserve the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data.
To use a more technical definition, ‘IT security is the relationship between prevention and detection of unauthorized actions against a computer system.’
What is Cybersecurity for?
We can say that technological means are vital for people and for everyday activities. For this reason, it is increasingly important to establish prevention and authorization objectives, which are implemented through ‘security policies’ and ‘security mechanisms’. These are rules and procedures that definewhich actions are permitted and which are prohibited, when using technological means and managing data and information.
The Cybersecurity is for:
the attacks companies are exposed to on a daily basis.
The work that cybersecurity can do starting from the human element, as well as on electronic devices, is often underestimated.
Protecting a computer system is not just a technical matter. Rather, having an open and risk-aware mindset allows companies to take the necessary actions to achieve an effective security structure. From the moment in which one decides to use and increase the aid of IT means in one’s workforce, in order to carry out one’s work activities it is important to develop, through adequate education/information, awareness of risk, or rather to favor an open and widespread mentality attention to information security issues.
Risk analysis is a fundamental and integral part of the overall safety development design.
The computer security techniques that have been achieved so far are not infallible, for this reason it is necessary to go beyond what concerns the exclusive attention to hardware, software and computer networks.
The security of data and information is also guaranteed through daily attention to the entire data management process. Starting from an education in thinking safety, we will arrive at a safety in behaviors and actions performed with mouse and keyboard.
What are the benefits of Cybersecurity for companies?
The culture of cybersecurity is one of the indicators of the evolution of a company, but also of society. This is a great reason and starting point for advancing your business.
Furthermore, Cybersecurity is important for the working environment and the environment in which we live because it allows us to protect our business, being constantly exposed to this risk and we will be increasingly so in the near future.
How do companies behave in terms of Cybersecurity?
IT security typically divides into teams:
- The offensive part: it is used to test one’s defenses. Constantly communicate with the defensive side.
- The defensive part: takes care of keeping the company’s defenses up to date to limit damage, attacks and be able to defend oneself effectively in times of need.
- The monitoring office of the previous two offices.
In every company with these needs, a network administrator should be appointed, who is responsible for:
- make employees aware of conscious use since the stability and image of the entire company is jeopardised.
- invest time and money to help the company develop a “safety mindset”.
- prepare for the use of the tools in a suitable manner.
- Be able to protect information while making it accessible. For this he will have to find a compromise between system security and applicability which must be intuitive and easy to use, so as not to be a burden on the employees’ daily work.
Assuming this new mindset is certainly difficult at first, but the efforts will lead to the expected results.
How can we help your company with Cybersecurity?
The Italian-Arab Chamber can support your business by providing you with:
- The contacts of partners engaged in the development of software and means of information security.
Do you want to learn more?
Contact us to request more information on our services to companies in the field of Cybersecurity.